We understand that the idea of winter tree trimming in the frigid cold of a Wisconsin winter is probably the last thing on your mind. It may seem like the green hues of spring and summer will never be seen again. However, there is no end to tree care season for the trained, educated and certified staff at M&M Tree Care in Milwaukee! In fact, the best time of the year to take care of your tree trimming is during a warmer winter day!
Winter Tree Trimming?? Is That For Real?
Winter is a great time to trim trees and shrubs in the Milwaukee Wisconsin area! It will help promote optimal growth in the spring and summer months. In fact, winter tree trimming during the dormant season has numerous benefits, such as:
- Without leaves, it is easier to view the tree’s structure and make strategic pruning cuts that set the tree up for a long and healthy future.
- The tree isn’t the only thing that is dormant during the winter and early spring; pests and diseases are also hibernating, lessening the risk of pruning cuts opening the tree to health problems.
- Dormant pruning prepares the tree for a flush of vigorous growth in the spring that will have the entire growing season and fall to harden off in preparation for the following winter.
- Since there is no foliage to grow or maintain in the winter, the tree will have energy stored in its roots to focus on closing pruning wounds.
How Trimming Trees Helps Overall Tree Health
Proper tree trimming helps keep a tree and its branches from falling and causing injury or damage. But it is also vital to a tree’s overall health in many ways. Here are just a few reasons to remove dead, damaged and diseased tree branches:
- To keep damaging insects and disease from entering the tree.
- To expose a tree and its surroundings to more sunlight and air.
- To eliminate weak wood so the rest of the tree receives more food and water.
- To help keep the tree from splitting and breaking.
Hire a Professional Arborist
Whether your trees are in need of canopy thinning, pruning, removal of dead and diseased branches, structural pruning, or even complete tree removal, you can rely on M&M Tree Care to help. We have certified arborists on our staff to help preserve the health, beauty and safety of your trees. Contact us today to schedule an appointment or a free evaluation of any tree issues.
Share this Post